CBBC Bank Debit/ATM Fraud Shield uses two innovative ways to detect potential fraudulent activity on your card. The first is a texting service, powered by CardGuardian®, that puts the fraud detection in your hands by bringing specific transaction types to your attention because only you know where you have spent your money; you must enroll online to use the CardGuardian® service. The second is a 24/7 card monitoring system, powered by FICO Falcon®, which will notify you via email, text, and automated phone call in the event that we detect possible fraud; it comes free of charge to all cardholders.
Below are examples of the types of alerts that you will receive from CBBC Bank.
Card Guardian Texts
CardGuardian® alerts work by bringing specific transaction types to your attention for review without immediately freezing your card. If it alerts you to a transaction that you have performed, you simply ignore the alert. If it alerts you to a transaction that you have not performed, you respond with the code provided in the text to freeze your card, and we will be in touch with you within the next business day to resolve the issue. These alerts come from phone number 27576, and we recommend you saving this number to your contacts as "CBBC Bank CardGuardian."
The following transactions will prompt a CardGuardian® alert:
- Transactions greater than $300
- 8 or more transactions in a rolling 24-hour period. For example, 1 pm on Monday to 1 pm on Tuesday.
- Any online or phone transaction
- Any out of state transaction
- Any declined authorizations
CardGuardian® alerts are self-enroll only.
Message and data rates may apply for using CardGuardian® alerts.
FICO Falcon Alerts
FICO Falcon is the technology that our fraud team uses to monitor debit card activity 24/7. In the event that we detect possible fraud, your card will be frozen, and you will receive the following communication from us.
1. You will immediately receive the following email notification from FraudShield@cbbcbank.com to the email address we have on file for you, which includes the option to reply with "fraud" or "no fraud."
2. If there is no response to the email after one minute has passed, then you will receive the following free text alert from phone number 32874, which also has the "fraud" or "no fraud" options. We recommend that you save this number to your contacts as "CBBC Bank Fraud Shield."
3. If there is no response to the email or text after 20 minutes have passed, then you will receive an automated phone call to confirm or deny the suspected card activity from phone number 1(800) 417-4592. This number will come through as an unknown number, so we recommend saving this number to your contacts as "CBBC Bank Fraud Shield." The call will also give you the option to speak with a fraud analyst.
If you do not respond to any of these three alerts, your card will remain blocked to protect your account until we can get in touch with you.
Card Decline Alerts
With this new addition to the Fraud Shield system, we will attempt to contact you via email or text message if you have attempted a transaction in an area where we have experienced significant fraud. No phone call will be placed for these alerts. With each alert received, you will have the opportunity review the transaction for fraudulent activity or, if the transaction is valid, contact the bank during business hours to find out why the transaction was declined.
1. You will immediately receive the following email notification from FraudShield@cbbcbank.com to the email address we have on file for you, which includes the option to reply with "fraud" if you did not attempt the transaction.
2. If there is no response to the email after one minute has passed, then you will receive the following free text alert from phone number 32874, which also has the option to confirm "fraud" if the transaction is not yours. We recommend that you save this number to your contacts as "CBBC Bank Fraud Shield."
Also feel free to check out our FAQ's page for commonly asked questions associated with our Fraud Shield service.