The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars Program was established in 2015 as a new means to invest in the future of our community. The mission of the scholarship seeks to provide financial assistance of $500.00 each to seven exceptional, graduating high school seniors accepted for undergraduate study in community colleges, technical schools and universities who have shown above-average qualities in community involvement. The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars program principally targets students in two or four-year academic programs; however, certificate/licensing programs (e.g., ultrasound techs, paralegal training, nursing, etc.) are also eligible.
The LOCAL Scholars Program is available to students attending the following high schools.
- Alcoa High School
- Clayton-Bradley Academy
- Greenback High School
- Heritage High School
- Maryville Christian School
- Maryville High School
- William Blount High School
Things to Know
- The deadline for applying is March 29, 2019 at 5:00 pm.
- Type or print legibly. Electronic copies are available at the bottom of this page.
- Applicants will receive email correspondence while their application is processed. Valid email address is required.
- The one-time scholarship amount is $500 and is paid directly to the college/university/technical school.
- The scholarship will be awarded to one winner at each of the 7 qualifying schools.
LOCAL Scholarship Awards
The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars award recipients are selected by a committee in three phases, and applicants are notified via email as to their status after each selection. Scholarship recipients are notified by phone if they are the winner. All recipients are invited to attend The Daily Times Academic Letters Banquet for individual recognition of their award as well as a group press release photo. The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars awards are given without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religious affiliation, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- Applicants must attend one of the qualifying schools listed in the purpose statement.
- Applicants must have a strong history of community involvement.
- Applicants must demonstrate a desire to continue their community involvement after high school.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.25 grade point average (GPA) on an unweighted scale. Weighted GPAs are not permitted.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student by July 2019.
LOCAL Scholars Program
Attn: Lana Pettis
P.O. Box 9730
Maryville, TN 37802-9730
CBBC Bank - Main Office
330 E Broadway Ave.
Maryville, TN 37804