The Deadline for LOCAL Scholars 2022 has passed.
The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars Program was established in 2015 as a new means to invest in the future of our community. The mission of the scholarship seeks to provide financial assistance of $500.00 each to five exceptional, graduating high school seniors accepted for undergraduate study in community colleges, technical schools and universities who have shown above-average qualities in community involvement. The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars program principally targets students in two or four-year academic programs; however, certificate/licensing programs (e.g., ultrasound techs, paralegal training, nursing, etc.) are also eligible.
Things to Know
- The deadline for application submission is April 15, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
- Type or print legibly. Electronic copies are available at the bottom of this page.
- Applicants will receive email correspondence while their application is processed. Valid email address is required.
- The one-time scholarship amount is $500 and is paid directly to the college/university/technical school.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior from any of the high schools located within Blount County.
- Recipients will be selected on May 6, 2022.
LOCAL Scholarship Awards
The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars award recipients are selected by a committee in three phases, and applicants are notified via email as to their status after each selection. Scholarship recipients are notified by phone if they are the winner. All recipients are invited to attend The Daily Times Academic Letters Banquet for individual recognition of their award as well as a group press release photo. The CBBC Bank LOCAL Scholars awards are given without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religious affiliation, disability, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen.
- Applicants must be a graduating senior at a high school within Blount County.
- Applicants must have a strong history of community involvement.
- Applicants must demonstrate a desire to continue their community involvement after high school.
- Applicants must have at least a 3.25 grade point average (GPA) on an unweighted scale. Weighted GPAs are not permitted.
- Applicants must be accepted as a full-time student by July 2022.
LOCAL Scholars Program
Attn: Laura Lenear
P.O. Box 9730
Maryville, TN 37802-9730
CBBC Bank - Main Office
330 E Broadway Ave.
Maryville, TN 37804